Ep #9 - Discipline in Fitness & Entrepreneurship with Jen Cohen
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE & SUBSCRIBE TO FOREFRONT PODCAST ON THESE PLATFORMS
On the forefront series podcast today, Next|Health welcomes Jen Cohen.
Jennifer Cohen is a best-selling author, performance coach, fitness/wellness expert and entrepreneur. She holds a degree in Psychology and a Masters in Sport Marketing. Early in her career, she emerged as an influential role model and game-changer for the fitness industry, best known for her savvy, straight-talking reputation and belief in a “no excuse” approach that forgoes the fitness fads and focuses on long-term, sustainable results.
Key Takeaway: Optimizing your health is a marathon, not a sprint. Consistently exercising, tracking progress, and building little habits will make a huge difference.
- There seems to be a connection between fit people and successful people, due to the discipline and goal setting that fitness teaches
- Jen Cohen details her impressive career as a music company executive and her transition into creating a brand out of herself and becoming an entrepreneur
- Basic exercise is by far the healthiest thing you can do for your body.
- To avoid fad diets, analyze whether a diet or exercise is sustainable for your lifestyle.
- Be mindful about what works best for you
- Tracking and journaling your progress is a necessary step to being accountable and meeting long-term goals
- To truly optimize your health, you need to take biomarkers into account and examine things such as hormone levels, gut health, heart health, ancestry, etc.
- The only way to get better is to ask questions and learn from people who know more than you do.