LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE & SUBSCRIBE ON THESE PLATFORMS
HOW VIRUSES & VACCINES WORK
She’s shaking up the world at just 25 years of age, making a significant dent in the education of others, and the development of virus-disabling medicine.
Morgan started working on the Ebola vaccine when women and children were dying in Africa. She also worked on a vaccine for West Nile and Zika. Most recently she’s been attempting to crack a multi-virus vaccine that would crack Corona and other similar viruses – up to 15 at one time!
Morgan has a special way of describing the life-cycle of a virus and what it does to your body so you can understand Corona, and other pathogens more fully. This podcast is an incredibly educational way to get a clear picture of Covid-19.
- Understand what an RNA virus is and how it differs from those transmitted by mosquitoes and other insects.
- Learn what it’s like to work in a full containment facility so viruses and deadly pathogens don’t spread while you’re studying them.
- Discover why heroines like Morgan don’t feel they’re taking a risk, even though they’re working toward a disease-free world.
- Realize why some viruses are so damaging, even though they’re just a protein coat around a tiny piece of RNA.
- Learn why a viral infection is different than a bacterial infection.
- Get a low-down on cellular functioning and what a virus does to healthy cells.
- Determine if a virus is alive or dead.
- Understand why viruses are a little like parasites.
- Learn why viruses damage your cells.
- Learn why Corona causes an inflammatory response in the lungs, which can be damaging.
- Learn why 5% of our entire genome is infected with viruses that manage to stay there.
- Discover the shocking reason why viruses may have an evolutionary benefit.
- Realize what you can do to protect yourself from viral pathogens.
"We believe health is not the absence of disease.
Health is the abundance of vitality".