Why PRP Therapy Is the Best Skincare Decision You Can Make in 2022
Next Health Staff | | 0 comments
Let’s face it, 2022 has already been a pretty stressful year. If you've noticed your skin is more susceptible to acne spots or that you've developed a few new wrinkles since last year, it might be time to give your skin a pick me up. But what exactly should you do?
Instead of relying on topical skin care treatment, you can use modern technology and skincare science to your advantage. Next Health's PRP therapy is the best skincare decision you can make in 2022. Why? Read on, and we'll discuss PRP therapy's benefits and how it works when you visit one of our wellness facilities.
What Is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, is a special compound derived from your own blood samples. Most wellness facilities like Next Health create PRP by:
- Taking a blood sample from a patient
- Using a centrifuge device to spin the blood sample rapidly, separating the platelets from the blood plasma and blood cells
- Combining blood plasma with the concentration of platelets into a new solution
Platelets are compounds that assist the healing process. Specifically, they clot blood around open wounds like cuts or gashes. Without platelets, getting even a minor paper cut would be pretty dangerous.
However, platelets are also valuable to your body because they contain proteins that signal cells to begin regeneration. In many ways, platelets are healing tools that can be scientifically applied to different areas of the body for various purposes.
Plasma, on the other hand, is just the liquid portion of your blood. We all have plenty of it, and the plasma provides a transmission vector for platelets when used in PRP therapy.
What Is PRP Therapy?
PRP therapy involves injecting platelet-rich plasma into targeted areas, like trouble spots on your skin, receding hairline areas, and more. PRP therapy can stimulate cell and follicle growth and inspire cells around the injection area to begin regeneration. Alternatively, PRP therapy may cause surrounding cells to be healthier and function better.
Platelet-rich plasma therapy is used for a variety of health issues, including:
- Hair loss. Next Health offers a dedicated PRP therapy for hair loss that involves injecting PRP compounds near your hairline. The platelet-rich plasma then supports hair growth, maintains follicles, and supports cellular repair in the surrounding area
- Acute injuries of the musculoskeletal system, such as acute sports injuries like knee sprains, rotator cuff injuries, or pulled muscles
- Tendon injuries. Chronic tendon problems like Achilles tendonitis, jumper’s knee, or tennis elbow might benefit from regular PRP injections as a part of sports medicine
- Postsurgical repair procedures, such as torn tendons or ligaments that are torn after a surgical procedure
- Osteoarthritis. PRP injections can help alleviate discomfort and support cellular regeneration in affected areas, like the knees
On top of these health issues, PRP treatments can be leveraged for skincare, which we offer at our Next Health locations.
What Are the Benefits of PRP Therapy for Skincare?
The colorless platelets in PRP are vital to your body’s healing process. Since they come packed with lots of powerful nutrients and growth factors, they can also help to inspire your cells to produce more collagen and elastin: two vital compounds that help determine your skin’s elasticity and youthful appearance.
The more collagen and elastin you have, the better your skin should look and feel. On top of that, PRP is thought to stimulate blood vessel growth.
When injected into the skin, PRP can allow your skin cells to receive more nutrients from your body, thus improving their functionality and appearance. In essence, PRP therapy can help with skincare by:
- Making your skin look and feel younger
- Helping your deeper skin levels receive extra nutrients
- Improving collagen production in all layers of the skin
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Improving the texture of your skin, making it more supple
However, PRP therapy cannot completely erase wrinkles, scars, or major skin blemishes. It’s best to think of PRP therapy as a complementary effort in conjunction with good skincare methods and techniques, such as washing your face twice daily and maintaining a healthy diet.
When you experience PRP therapy at Next Health, our wellness coaches can give you the practical advice you need to make the most of each therapy session.
What Can I Expect From a Next Health PRP Therapy Session?
At Next Health, each of our therapeutic treatments is designed with your comfort and safety at the forefront. You have nothing to worry about if you sign up for PRP therapy for your skin when you visit one of our well-staffed locations.
Let’s break down what you can expect if you choose PRP therapy from Next Health.
We offer a PRP microneedling procedure for all of our patients. Microneedling allows you to embrace the regenerative effect of platelet-rich plasma and see benefits in your skin all around your body, including your face.
With Next Health microneedling, you’ll:
- Arrive for your appointment.
- Speak to one of our trained staff members. They can answer any questions you have about the procedure
- Lie down on a comfortable bed while our staff member preps your treatment spots. Depending on what you discuss with your assigned staff member, you could receive PRP microneedling around your face, your arms, or elsewhere on your body
- Receive PRP microneedling applications. No need to worry about pain or discomfort; your assigned staff member will apply a numbing agent to your skin, so you’ll barely feel the pinpricks.
Crucially, our PRP microneedling therapy is a form of collagen induction therapy or CIT. By puncturing the skin's upper dermis with a very small needle, we can induce the healing factor in your skin, accelerating the benefits mentioned above.
PRP Facial Injections
Alternatively, you can visit Next Health for a dedicated PRP facial injection appointment. Next Health PRP facial injections infuse your body’s platelets into specific areas, like around your mouth, under your eyes, and in your lips.
With Next Health PRP Facial Injections, you’ll:
- Arrive for your appointment and be walked through the procedure. You’ll have a chance to ask a staff member any questions
- Lie down and be prepared for your PRP injection session. Once more, your assigned staff member will numb the chosen areas so you don't feel any discomfort at the injection site
- Our staff member will then inject platelet-rich plasma into the chosen areas. After injection, you'll rest and relax at the facility for a few minutes to ensure that you don't experience any adverse side effects
Not sure which PRP therapy you should pursue? One of our staff members can offer advice based on your previous experiences and goals. Contact us today for more information.
When Is PRP Therapy the Right Decision?
PRP therapy can be a great way to improve your overall skin health. It might be the best decision for your skincare goals if:
- You want to turn back the clock to some extent. Plenty of studies indicate that PRP therapy can have positive impacts on wrinkle lines, dark spots, and other typical signs of skin aging
- You want to ensure your skin ages gracefully
- You want to help your skin avoid major degradation or chronic conditions if it’s exposed to regular toxins or stress
However, Next Health also offers various skincare therapies, such as infrared sauna therapy, IV drip infusions, and more. You can ask one of our educated staff members about which treatments might be right for your skincare goals. They’ll be more than happy to help!
Contact Next Health Today
PRP therapy could be just what your skin needs to look and feel its best, especially as you age. Why not revitalize your skin cells and give them the nutrients they need to thrive?
Next Health is easy, quick, and comfortable from start to finish, even if you decide to receive platelet-rich plasma injections to sensitive areas.
Want to know more or sign up for an appointment ASAP? Contact Next Health today and choose your location for your PRP injection appointment!