LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE & SUBSCRIBE ON THESE PLATFORMS
DR. AMIR VOKSHOOR
NEUROSURGEON & BRAIN HEALTH EXPERT
INSIGHTS FROM A NEUROSURGEON
- Learn why the new paradigm in patient care is more integrated and interconnected with physiological needs and “spiritual” needs.
- Find out how sleep, nutrition, and exercise affect your cognitive performance.
- Understand why meditation and visualization are the new frontier in neuroscience.
- Discover how the brain, heart, and gut are all deeply connected.
- Realize how mindfulness training and stress reduction have a profound impact on your brain and nervous system, and how you can possibly avoid over-use of opiods.
- Find new ways to build a “reflexive” autonomic nervous system – which includes your brain.
- Determine if breathing techniques and affirmations can alter your brain health.
- Learn a French researcher’s technique for calming the mind.
- Realize how heart rate variability (HRV) affects your brain health.
- Glean how private industry and non-university learning is aiding our understanding of the brain.
- Learn why the new breed of physicians is raising more philosophical questions about things we’re doing to the brain.
- Discover why brain health is about more than just removing amyloid plaques, slowing brain cell death, or reconnecting neural pathways.
- Understand why what you to do your brain in your youth affects your brain as you grow older.
- Discover what micro and macro “brain trauma” is. It’s not what you think.
"We believe health is not the absence of disease.
Health is the abundance of vitality".