LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE & SUBSCRIBE ON THESE PLATFORMS
DR. AMIR VOKSHOOR
NEUROSURGEON & BRAIN HEALTH EXPERT
INSIGHTS FROM A NEUROSURGEON
In today’s episode, Dr. Shah talks with neurosurgeon Dr. Amir Vokshoor. Dr. Vokshoor has practiced neurology for more than 20 years. He spent that last 10 creating an institute of research and philanthropy for brain science. He believes that holistic science should not be frowned upon for lack of proof, nor should proven medical modalities be ignored. After watching his own father’s health denigrate to death with Alzheimer’s disease, Dr. Vokshoor started asking deeper questions about brain health.
The answers he’s found to deeply personal questions are phenomenal, but they apply to everyone who seeks brain optimization, and the dissolution of dementia-based diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and more. If you’re eager to learn about brain hacking for optimal results, Dr. Vokshoor’s podcast does not disappoint.
“I always felt in neurosurgery, we were fantastic technicians and we just lacked well-rounded care. I always thought we needed to do more than surgery.” – Dr. Amir Vokshoor
- Learn why the new paradigm in patient care is more integrated and interconnected with physiological needs and “spiritual” needs.
- Find out how sleep, nutrition, and exercise affect your cognitive performance.
- Understand why meditation and visualization are the new frontier in neuroscience.
- Discover how the brain, heart, and gut are all deeply connected.
- Realize how mindfulness training and stress reduction have a profound impact on your brain and nervous system, and how you can possibly avoid over-use of opiods.
- Find new ways to build a “reflexive” autonomic nervous system – which includes your brain.
- Determine if breathing techniques and affirmations can alter your brain health.
- Learn a French researcher’s technique for calming the mind.
- Realize how heart rate variability (HRV) affects your brain health.
- Glean how private industry and non-university learning is aiding our understanding of the brain.
- Learn why the new breed of physicians is raising more philosophical questions about things we’re doing to the brain.
- Discover why brain health is about more than just removing amyloid plaques, slowing brain cell death, or reconnecting neural pathways.
- Understand why what you to do your brain in your youth affects your brain as you grow older.
- Discover what micro and macro “brain trauma” is. It’s not what you think.
"We believe health is not the absence of disease.
Health is the abundance of vitality".