It can be tough to deal with the modern world's constant barrage of stressors, whether you work at a high-intensity career or have a stressful family life. Just going through the daily motions can drag us down and make us feel like we aren't ourselves. It's natural to look for a way to restore your energy and vitality.
Cryotherapy isn’t a fad – it’s a science-backed therapy solution used by athletes around the world. You may have heard of whole-body cryotherapy (WBC), which includes cryo exposure, vitamin injections, and Myers's IV push drip.
While cryotherapy is traditionally just a cold bath or applying an ice pack to sore muscles, modern cryotherapy sessions go above and beyond and provide numerous physiological advantages, including:
- Boosted athletic performance. Cryotherapy can dilate the blood vessels in your body, funneling nutrient-rich blood to the muscles and extremities far more than it would flow normally.
- Faster exercise recovery. Sore muscles and joints are the banes of gym enthusiasts and athletes around the world.
Cryotherapy, whether it's an ice pack or a whole body cryotherapy experience like we offer at Next Health can numb the nerves and reduce pain and discomfort, accelerating the healing process and getting you back onto the field in no time. Forget about muscle soreness post-workout and look forward to a faster recovery after a cryo session.
- Improved REM sleep by stimulating the release of certain hormones and exercising your cardiovascular system. You’ll feel pleasantly fatigued when you lay down the night after your cryotherapy session.
- Mood stabilization and disorder treatment. By releasing feel-good hormones like endorphins, cryotherapy can reduce stress and anxious feelings. After just a single cryotherapy session, you’ll likely feel so good you’ll want to sign up for another one right away.
- Boosted immune system response. By chilling your body rapidly, your endocrine system will support more white blood cells, shoring up your body’s chemical defenses against invaders and viral attacks. Overall, it'll boost your immunity, support your vital organs, and support healthy energy levels.
- It helps enhance your overall appearance. You'll see a decreased appearance of pore size, wrinkles, and fine lines, improved blood flow, and brighten dark spots.
- The cold temperatures (subzero temperatures) in these sessions can also help relieve headaches and migraines.
In short, cryotherapy provides so many physical benefits that everyone, including guests like athletes and celebrities, decided to try it at our West Hollywood and Greater Los Angeles Area location.